About Minding Menopause:
The Menopausal years of a woman’s life embody much more than changing hormones, and the end of menstruation. It is a time filled with opportunity for self-reflection, honoring the body’s wisdom, setting intentions, and realigning with new natural rhythms of life.
Menopause is another developmental phase of life, and a rite of passage that calls for increased self-care, unique dietary changes and ample self-reflection.
This Psyche & Salt gathering is an opportunity to take pause and to re-evaluate the next chapter of your life. According to psychologist Erik Erickson, the years of menopause embody the exploration of generativity, a time of contributing to society and guiding the next generation. Menopause is a time to release finished roles, to gather your accumulated wisdom, and to mindfully move forward in life with a a sense of deep purpose and creativity.
The Minding Menopause gathering is a powerful four week course brimming with community connection, psychological support, creative expression, nature based practices, and culinary medicine to support you through this crucial life transition.
During Minding Menopause You Will Learn How To:
- Choose and prepare nourishing foods that support your unique body during this life transition
- Challenge faulty cultural constructs so you can embrace your second spring with grace
- Develop a positive attitude toward aging as a woman
- Promote longevity with food and lifestyle changes
- Trust the body’s natural wisdom, healing power, internal systems and rhythms
- Connect with nature as a reminder and inspiration for a healthy menopause transition
- Indulge in delicious healing meals, snacks and teas with new friends
- Release old roles and identities to make space for the next chapter of your womanhood
- Unearth your buried gifts and earned wisdom so you can pass them on to the next generation
In Addition To The Weekly Meetings, You Will Also Receive The Following Support:
- A pre and post private one hour session with Dr. Brosh
- Weekly check in calls with fellow participants
- Your own personal menopause journal
- Delicious healthy recipes for balancing and nourishing your mind and body
- Personalized recommendations for diet and lifestyle changes
- Vetted referrals and resources as needed
Ready to experience profound transformation in the presence of amazing supportive women as you explore, reflect, and create your way to a newfound freedom during menopause?
This intimate gathering of women supporting each others journey through menopause is a beautiful way to reconnect with yourself and welcome in one of the most powerful transitions of your life.
Minding Menopause: Second Spring begins Winter 2018.
This gathering meets for four weeks:
Week 1: Tuesday 7-8pm
Connection, Intentions (online)
Week 2: Tuesday 7-9pm
Psyche, reflection, insight
Week 3: Saturday 10a-1pm
Body, balance, art
Week 4: Saturday 10a-1pm
Culinary medicine, cooking
Limited to 10 women
Designed for women beginning or actively going through Perimenopause or Menopause.
Location: Los Angeles and West Marin
Billable through insurance in accordance with plan details.
Facilitator & Guide
PRACTITIONER BIO: Dr. Andra Brosh, is a licensed clinical Psychologist and board certified holistic nutritionist specializing in the integrative mental and physical health of women in transition.